Ministry Safe Background Checks and Training
Ministry Safe is the software we use to run background checks and training.
Our conference requires all participants in any conference ministry who is 18 and older to have a completed background check and training completed every two years.
We place a high priority on the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
For VIM (Volunteers in Mission) or church groups such as a choir, UMW etc, the team must register through our office to begin the process.
- I have had a background check run through my employer can I use that? Sorry we are not able to use any other background check except for those run through Mininstry Safe.
- Do I have to complete both the background check and the training? Yes both are required.
- Can my church run the backgrounds and training? Yes, we love that idea! As long as the church is utilizing Ministry Safe and the trainings .
- My church does not use Ministry Safe, what do we do? No problem our office will send out Ministry Safe invitations to each team member once the team has registered and the team member has completed the team member forms.
- What about references do I have to have them? Yes references are required. 2 non-family members and one clergy.
- Can I use my wife or my spouse or any other family member as a reference? No, references must be made by non-family members.
- How much do the background checks/training cost? Currently backgrounds checks are $20.00 per completed check. This cost is invoiced out to the team leader. No payment is made at the site.
Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in every place you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as long as ever you can.